Sometimes pipes spring leaks from age and the usual wear and tear they endure. Other times, pipes were installed poorly or incorrectly when they were constructed. The heavy machinery used during other construction could have jarred the pipes. Plants growing around pipes can cause damage. There are a number of factors that you can’t control.
Fortunately, you don’t have to wait until pools of water are in your basement to find out you have a leak. Call a pro from Altstadt Plumbing if you suspect piping, sink, toilet or tub and shower leak problems. With our state of the art equipment and leak detection methods, we draw on our years of experience to find and fix those leaks. Altstadt Plumbing has the latest equipment for finding leaks.
Leak detection is our specialty. We service all kinds of systems that can spring a leak. We will find those leaky pipes no matter the location. With the latest tools, we can look:
- Behind the walls
- Under concrete slabs and asphalt
- In irrigation systems
- In radiant heating systems
- In swimming pools
- And much more
Signs that you may have a pipe leak:
- Water bills that seem unusually high.
- Water meter readings changing when not using water.
- Sewer backup problems that become chronic.
- Running toilets and dripping faucets.
- Running water sounds when nothing is in use.
- Spongy, soft, or discolored walls.
- Musty odors from floors, walls near drains, or sewers.
- Cracked, or unusually damp foundation or slab.
- Warm areas on concrete floors, mildew, or excessive moisture under carpets.
- In the yard, particularly wet or moist areas that are unusually wet or moist, often with very healthy (or unusual) plant or grass growth.
Altstadt Plumbing Will Respect You and Your Property
We don’t like to create and leave big messes. When the leak is found, we affect as little of your property as possible. We will clean up the messes we make, too. If we brought it in, we will take it out.
Your time is just as valuable as your property. You can’t stand around all day waiting for us to arrive. We promise we will arrive when scheduled.
When you call us to find and fix leaks, we help you save water. We may even be saving you from making costly home repairs. An undetected leak will ruin walls, rot floors, and cause other extensive property damage.
Don’t wait until that happens! Call us for leak detection services at the first sign of a leak. We can detect and repair leaks in any residential, commercial, or industrial setting. Remember, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Warning signs of hidden leaks in pools and spas:
- Cracks and gaps in the pool shell, or concrete deck, or a settling of the whole pool or spa structure into the ground.
- Automatic filler constantly releasing water.
- Loose or falling tiles or pool deck cracks.
- Algae formation too soon after a chemical treatment.
- Loss of 1/8 inch of water or more in 24 hours. Very hot weather could mean evaporation, but consistent losses on this scale should be checked by a professional.